Friday, April 1, 2011

Camping in Mississippi

What a day! I woke up with a severe UTI! Long story short, I had to see a doctor before I could leave Bayou LaBatre. That took two hours. The others went on but naturally, Bob was stuck waiting for me. After a stop at the pharmacy for a prescription we were finally ready to start our ride. Thankfully, it was one of the shorter days, 58 miles. Seemed to take forever since I needed extra water and bathroom stops. Had a nice tailwind for about 10 miles when
We were able to maintain 18 mph. Mississippi is noted for being the worst state for bicyclist and we learned that fast. No bike lanes, trucks nearly brush up against you and rough roads. It was a nerve wracking day. I can't even remember the town we are in tonight. It's a little ways past Wade, Mississippi. We are in a real campground.
Going to make this brief. Everyone has gone to bed. Nearly 80 miles tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I am feeling better and Landyn seems to be as well. Chad didn't get it (knock on wood). And if you need tape, you can get medicine tape from walmart or any pharmacy. Drink lots of cranberry juice to help your uti. Hope your uti goes away quick and your leg starts to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete