Friday, April 8, 2011

We Survived

Well last night Mayor Ricky came over to our "float" to see if things were okay. We had gone to a local restaurant for dinner. I went into the restroom to find that it was a one woman room so I took paper towels and washed with warm water. I even could stick my feet into the sink and wash them all the way up my legs. By the time my supper was ready I was also quite refreshed and sort of clean. No change of clothes, but so what to a hobo? Mayor Ricky was a very nice person. He brought over a young man from the neighborhood who said he'd see that everyone left us alone. I really did feel safe after they left. We slept great. I didn't hear the police make the rounds but I did walk cautiously when I woke up to go to the portipot in the middle of the night. Had to climb down the stairs from the float. What memories this trip will carry. You'd think we were all destitute, but in reality most of the gang are millionaires.
Today was a fun, relaxed ride. We saw lots of crawfish farmers out in the fields bringing in the traps. Lots of snake holes and snakes today.
We had fairly flat roads yesterday but today the small hills started. Should be in Texas tomorrow so the terrain will be changing dramatically.
We are at a campground tonight. Actually cooked a gourmet supper with groceries we picked up before stoping. Took a long ,hot shower and even did laundry. Clothes are pretty dirty after living and sleeping in them for three days.
My cold is better tonight and I feel strong and great. This is such an amazing experience.
Aubrey, I heard your voicemail today. Had service for a few minutes. None again here tonight.
That's exciting that they are trying new things to help James. I miss all of you but the time is flying rapidly for me. It was 100 on the road today. Hot and humid!
Don't worry about us but continue to pray for our safety especially on busy roads. More tomorrow. Keep sending texts to our phones too. We miss you and love hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment