Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Countdown Begins - One more week

Today begins the final week of preparations for the big bike trip.  My clothes are ready.  Amazing that three months supplies fit in one small grocery bag.  The biggest preparation is adjusting to being away from my kids and grandchildren all that time.  I'm going to miss the fun times like last week's swimming with all of them.  I'm also going to miss Kate and Landyn, pictured here in the pool too.  
Heading to Florida to spend a few days with Deb and Kirk, practice riding the tandem with Bob, visit Disney World, and then head out to St. Augustine where we will meet our other cyclists and begin the pedal by pedal trip across the United States.

I will post as often as I can.  Please check in and let us hear from you too.  

6 comments:

  1. We are going to miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One the bike again, First you have to get there. I am jealous!!!! Thanks for fun in the pool. Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules This is more painful than riding across America!! I don't know if you are getting the comments. Let me know Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck you crazy asses....is there a motor on that bike besides your four legs I will bew checking your progress...best of luck..hope its all down hill..love tom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just checking if the wind is also blowing at your back...if it is did you pack a sail?
    Love tom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey dad and julie...could you text me and gi e me your starting city and your ending city..not too sure aboit all the details...I am in texas on a long golf weekend...take care hope all is well..love you two....tom

    ReplyDelete