Saturday, March 26, 2011

Wet!

Headwinds,hills, rain, hail, sore muscles! I'll bet you wish you were here! Radar showed only 30% chance of rain so we were very optimistic that we'd be fine. Thirty minutes on the road it started to rain so hard that before we could get the rain gear out we were drenched. Mud and oil from the road then splattered our legs for miles. By lunch the sun came out and we stop ped in a delightful little town for lunch. A couple there warned us that an arsonist had started a Forrest fire four days earlier and smoke would be drifti ng over I90 where we were riding. Sure enough! So just add that to the rest of the hardship s for the day.
We decided to make our day shorter so onlyrode 60 miles. Camping behind a VFW tonight. No showers, only bushes and trees for restrooms once again.
Bob and I decided to go into town and wash all our clothes at a laundry. I looked so soaked and pathetic that the ladies let us use the restrooms to wash up and even wash our hair. They gave us clean towels to use too. I felt like I had been to a spa.
Cooked hamburgers, and Boca Burgers over a little fire
Dean has been suffering from a nasty cold for three days now. Hope it doesn't go through the group. I don't know how he keeps riding!
At a Warm Showers home tomorrow. Cant wait! More rain forecast!

No comments:

Post a Comment