Sunday, March 27, 2011

Warm Showers!

We are sitting with an 80 year old couple who giving us a place to sleep tonight, inside their home. But best of all, we all have taken a shower! This couple have bicycled all over the world. They have so many interesting stories to share.
We were going to take a day of rest tomorrow but that isn't going to happen until Tuesday. I pulled a muscle in my left thigh yesterday and today it was a little tough to keep pushing on. I put ice on it when we arrived here and now it's feeling better. Tomorrow will be a very short 25 mile ride to a real campground where we will stay until Wednesday morning. The guys needs to work on bikes. We are near bike shops here so they can get parts.
Bob had to work extra hard today with my lane leg. I'm trying to talk bob into both of us scaling down and shipping some stuff home.
We are going out to dinner tonight with our host couple. Feels strange to be clean and out of bike clothes. Think we're going out for some Chinese food tonight. More later.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie, I've followed you everyday. Your blog is a great thing. Dad was over yesterday for Christopher's birthday. I showed him your travels and seamed to be interested but still thinks your crazy. I would like for you to mention where you are at so you can be followed on the map along the way. Keep up the pace and be safe. Love,Jack

    ReplyDelete